First of all tthat means I've been legally an adult for 10 years. That makes me old.
Secondly Eclipse is still referred as "the new" material from Amorphis.
Thirdly OH THE MEMORIES.
I remember my boyfriend back in the day buying this album and oh we listened to this. So much. I still do. I love the album. I know all the songs and lyrics.
The multiple times I've seen Amorphis live. Once in the front row, many times somewhere back just listening and having a blast. Though this is due to Amorphis being one of those bands that are on every festival ever anyway.
Once a friend called me and told me she was watching "Armophis", armo in Finnish means mercy. Phis means absolutely nothing but hey. Close enough. I still to this day call them "Armophis" and not Amorphis, which they are.
Once the band actually saved a shitty day at a festival for me. I was having oddly bad day in general and went to see my all time favourite band, not Amorphis. Of course, I was excited about this but in the end... I ended up dramaqueening myself to the state where I was literally crying on the ground. The gig was so bad. So bad. So so so bad. Even in retrospective it was a worthless. (They haven't been my favourite band in a while now.) My friend, however, said: "Hey at least Amorphis can't be that bad, they are playing next. They usually have decent shows." They weren't bad at all.
They had the best gig of the whole festival.
Glorious moment.
I've been listening to the band in so many different situations. And mostly just this one album, I always end up turning back to it. The album makes me happy no matter how I feel in the first place. All the memories come rushing in and well. I always make new ones with it.
Fun fact, the singer lives in the same town where my parents are from. No, that's not the funny part. What makes it fun is that my dad was telling about this "weird dude with way too long dreadlocks in a leather jacket who seems to hating the whole world, who is always in the same store at the same time". I showed a picture of Tomi Joutsen (the singer, Joutsen by the way means Swan in Finnish) to him and asked if it's him. "Yeah that's him. How did you know?"
Only one of the most well-known Finnish metal bands.
Once a friend called me and told me she was watching "Armophis", armo in Finnish means mercy. Phis means absolutely nothing but hey. Close enough. I still to this day call them "Armophis" and not Amorphis, which they are.
Once the band actually saved a shitty day at a festival for me. I was having oddly bad day in general and went to see my all time favourite band, not Amorphis. Of course, I was excited about this but in the end... I ended up dramaqueening myself to the state where I was literally crying on the ground. The gig was so bad. So bad. So so so bad. Even in retrospective it was a worthless. (They haven't been my favourite band in a while now.) My friend, however, said: "Hey at least Amorphis can't be that bad, they are playing next. They usually have decent shows." They weren't bad at all.
They had the best gig of the whole festival.
Glorious moment.
I've been listening to the band in so many different situations. And mostly just this one album, I always end up turning back to it. The album makes me happy no matter how I feel in the first place. All the memories come rushing in and well. I always make new ones with it.
Fun fact, the singer lives in the same town where my parents are from. No, that's not the funny part. What makes it fun is that my dad was telling about this "weird dude with way too long dreadlocks in a leather jacket who seems to hating the whole world, who is always in the same store at the same time". I showed a picture of Tomi Joutsen (the singer, Joutsen by the way means Swan in Finnish) to him and asked if it's him. "Yeah that's him. How did you know?"
Only one of the most well-known Finnish metal bands.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti